Gokyo Valley is one of the most incredible places on Earth as it is home to six extreme and intense lakes as well as several other small lakes that are also unvaryingly entrancing. The name Gokyo Lakes is given to the aspiring blend of those vivacious deep lakes among which Gokyo Cho/Dudh Pokhari is the prominent one whereas Thonak Cho is the largest. Namely, Gokyo Cho, Gyazumpa Cho, Tanjung Cho, Ngojumba Cho, and Longabanga Cho are what we reckon as Gokyo Lakes. The virgin water from the secreted from Ngozumpa glacier, a watercourse from the Renjo La Pass from the north-west and one more rivulet originating from the very Ngozumpa glacier in the east are the gist bases of waters to feed these lakes.
Trekking to Gokyo Lakes will be a noteworthy journey of your life which will always be a delighting memory till the end. Apart from Gokyo Lakes, the vistas of Everest Himalaya ranges, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu and a number of other crests are also imperative aspects of this trek. Whereas, most of the trekkers also prefer climbing up to Gokyo Ri – a belvedere at an elevation of 5,357m for the astonishing mountain panorama. In contrast, Gokyo Valley is bounded within the Sagarmatha National Park zone, so it is obvious that the extinct flora and fauna are also major attractions of this trek.
After the proper preparation and obligatory documents arrangement, we head toward Lukla Airport from Kathmandu via an extremely exciting flight. It is the only source of transportation up to there and it often gets delayed during the unfavorable weather, so we have to forecast the weather before we actually proceed. From Lukla, we will start our real Gokyo Lakes trekking with a moderate hike of about 5-6 hours each day. We will be crossing several suspension bridges, walking on bushes, stop and acclimatize at few local villages, walking some glacial paths and exploring the bewildering sceneries before we reach our ultimate destination.
Gokyo Lakes trek can be a perfect option for anyone who prefers discovering the unexplored and off-the-beaten trails where there are fewer tourists and numerous opportunities to explore. However, you must ensure that you possess a sound physical and mental health and well-equipped to tackle every challenge to get on this trek. Plan this trek during autumn or spring months to ensure that you will enjoy the picture-perfect scenery without facing the blockades of heavy snowfall as well as rainfall and the trouble they create. Please contact us as soon as possible to get further information or to inquire about this amazing trek.
Day 01: Kathmandu flight to Lukla and trek to Phakding 2730m.
Day 02: Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440m.
Day 03: Namche Bazaar acclimatization.
Day 04: Namche to Dole 4038m.
Day 05: Dole to Machermo 4470m.
Day 07: Machermo to Gokyo Lake 4750m.
Day 08: Gokyo Early morning climb up to Gokio peak 5357 m. for sun rise to see the panoramic view of mount Everest and many others mountain back to Gokio and explor around your day .
Day 09: Gokio Trek back to Dole
Day 10: Dole To Monjo .
Day 11: Monjo To lukla
Day 12: Lukla Fly out Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
- Airport Pick up and Drops
- Your foods main course (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) During the Trekking.
- All necessary paper national park entry permits and Tims permit .
- Domestic Flight Ticket (Ktm-Lukla -Ktm)
- All accommodations in During the Treks.
- well equipped English speaking Guide,and porters (1 porter for 2 peoples)
- All allowances Guide and Porter with their insurance .
- Medical Supplies (First aid kit will be Available) with our guide
- Official service charge and government tax
- Your personal Travel insurance. Covers helicopter rescue, medical bill
- Your Personal Equipment for Trekking gears
- In the Lukla flight, the luggage of 12 kg is only included. If you have extra baggage, You will have to pay extra per kg Rs 100
- Your personal expenses, personal hygiene.
- All the Alcoholic and non Alcoholic Drinks. (Tea, Coffee, Mineral Water, hot water)
- Sweet things like Chocolate and desert.
- Hot Shower and Laundry during the Trekking.
- Tips for the Guide and Porter as per your interest, how you are happy with them
- WIFI, internet, phone calls, battery charging.