Encircling the whole Annapurna Massif passing through tempting foliage in a short interval of time makes Annapurna Circuit Trek best-bet for all kinds of trekkers. With a moderate difficulty and relatively inexpensive yet full of opportunities to explore the best of mother nature; the trek is the top choice for everyone. Thorong La Pass at the elevation of 5,416m is the highest point of this trek from where Annapurna, Kali Gandaki valley, Dhaulagiri and other surrounding peaks are so picture-perfect that one will be confounded to sight such beauty of nature. As well as, it will be an adventurous and exciting journey crossing the pass.
The expedition begins after the arrangement of necessary documents and permits and getting introduced with the team from Kathmandu, heading towards Dharapani thru afresh put-up motorway via Besisahar. Then onwards, the real trekking instigates mounting towards Chame passing by the Annapurna Conservation Area. Sighting the astonishing backdrops of mountain and flora and fauna and ascending atop the hill, we reach to Manang. The lifestyle and culture in there are alike Tibetan which we will be discovering more while we acclimatize in there.
The next day, we will continue our journey and make our way to Thorong High Camp thru Thorong Phedi. Crossing the highest point of the trek viz. Thorong La Pass adoring astounding mountain panorama we will make our way towards spiritual and pilgrimage site Muktinath. Muktinath is one of those divine places where mystics of Hindus as well as Buddhists can be seen. Afterward, pay a visit to popular monasteries and monuments and the very famous apple orchards, we will be returning back via the routes of Ghorepani Poon Hill and make our way to Pokhara thru Ghandruk.
In this way, one can explore the best of natural blissfulness with varieties of cultural intuition and experience of a lifetime while crossing the high pass, all in one trek. If you retain good physical fitness and have a leisure time of about two weeks or less but have an unlimited desire of exploring, the Annapurna Circuit Trek is without a doubt the best option for you. You can embark on this trek anytime around the year but for preventing yourself from risks of heavy snowfall and rainfall as well as extreme cold and difficulty to walk; autumn and spring months are the ideal time. Contact us right now for more information regarding Annapurna Circuit Trek.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
- You will be transferred to your respective hotel by our representative after you arrive at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and complete the required procedures at the immigration.
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation day
- After your breakfast, a private car and a tour guide will pick you up from the hotel you are staying at.
- You will be exploring the beautiful and though-provoking ancient UNESCO World Heritage Sites sited in Kathmandu like Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Swoyambhunath, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Kathamandu Durbar Square etc.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Dharapani(1860 m)via Besisahar : 9 – 10 hrs drive
- Early in the morning, we will be leaving towards Besisahar from Kathmandu to commence our Annapurna Circuit Trekking. Firstly, we will be enjoying a scenic drive through beautiful and windy hilly roads along the banks of Trishuli River until we reach Besisahar where we shall stop for our morning meal.
- After our lunch and a little rest, we kick the start of our Annapurna Circuit trek, hiking in a leisurely pace up to Dharapani. Stay Overnight at Dharapani.
Day 04: Dharapani to Chame (2,710 m) 5 – 6 hrs
- Today we shall experience the real taste of trekking in Nepal as we will be crossing some suspension bridges, hiking thru lush bushes including Rhododendron and Pine forests, sighting the eye-dazzling panoramas of Annapurna and Manaslu Ranges and the most significantly, we will be exploring a lot about the lifestyle and culture of Nepalese people while we trek from Dharapani to Chame. Stay overnight at Chame.
Day 05: Chame to Pisang (3300m) 5 – 6 hrs
- We are about to head towards Pisang village via lush bushes and tapering routes which leads us to barren field upon ascent. En route, we shall be crossing the river walking over few suspension bridges and local small wooden bridges.
- Stay Overnight at Pisang.
Day 06: Pisang to Manang (3,540m) 6 – 7 hrs
- Continuing the trip further, we will be making it up to the renowned Manang valley today.
- Manang is popular among trekkers as an acclimatization spot before attempting the Thorong La Pass.
- We can discover the lifestyle, tradition, culture, food and attire, languages and many more from the natives of Manang who are mostly influenced with Tibetan Buddhism.
- Stay Overnight at Manang
Day 07: Manang: Accilamatization Day relaxing day
- As mentioned earlier, Manang is a famous acclimatization spot of Annapurna Circuit Trekking and well, the acclimatization is extremely helpful to make our body familiar with the altitude and the environment and proceed further without any obstacles.
- However, we are not just acclimatizing today, we are actually exploring some side-trip routes and gain altitude and enjoy the enthralling vistas of Mountain ranges while we shall be visiting several monasteries after we get back.
- Stay Overnight at Manang.
Day 08: Manang to Yak Kharka (4,110m 3) – 4 hours
- On our journey today, we will be walking across several bridges over small rivers and make our way to a small settlement of Tanki Manang from where we get into the track towards alluring barren lands and meadow fields where the yaks graze. Hence, the locals call it “Yak Kharka” meaning Yak pasture.
- Stay Overnight at Yak Kharka.
Day 09: Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (4600m) / Thorong High Camp (4925 m ) 3 – 4 hrs
- Depending upon the pace, climate, fitness and interest, we shall head towards Thorong Phedi or Thorong High Camp today from Yak Kharka.
- We will be staying overnight in a tent-camp in either of these places but we strongly recommend to stay overnight at Thorong Phedi considering health and safety.
Day 10: Thorong Phedi to Muktinath (3800/)via Thorong La Pass (5416m) : 8 – 9 hrs
- Today, we will be stepping at the highest point of our journey i.e. Thorong La Pass at the elevation of 5,416m above sea level. This is going to be an incredible experience with majestic mountain ranges encircling your presence.
- Another noteworthy place that we travel to is Muktinath which is a holy and spiritual pilgrimage site for both the Hindus and the Buddhists. We can explore religious and cultural aspects along with natural incredibility today.
- Stay Overnight at Muktinath.
Day 11: Muktinath to Marpha Via kagbeni Village 5 – 6 hrs
- With morning prayer and devotion on the holy and spiritual Muktinath temple and surrounding monastery, we start our journey towards Marpha – the apple kingdom via the routes of Kagbeni and Jomsom.
- Stay Overnight at Marpha
Day 12: Marpha to Kalopani (2530m) 5 – 6 hrs
- We are going to traverse towards the beautiful settlement of Kalopani following the trailhead via culturally enriched villages where resides indigenous Thakali people. We will have magnificient sights of mountain ranges including Annapurna Massif, Dhaulagiri and other surrounding peaks along the way.
- Stay Overnight at Kalopani.
Day 13: Kalopani to Tatopani (1200m) 6 – 7 hrs
- Tatopani – refers to hot water in Nepali language, and the place we are heading towards i.e. Tatopani is named so due to the presence of natural hot water spring where we can enjoy and relax after the hours of downhill walk along with some ascends during our journey from Kalopani.
- Stay Overnight at Tatopani.
Day 14: Tatopani to Ghorepani (2850m) 7 – 8 hrs
- On our journey today, we are about to get an insight upon the typical Nepali lifestyle and culture in the rural parts of Nepal walking through local villages, terraced fields, lush bushes – mostly rhododendron, and of course, the eye-dazzling Himalayan sceneries.
- We will stay overnight at Ghorepani, which is very popular among tourists for short and worthwhile trekking experience in the Annapurna region of Nepal.
Day 15: Ghorepani to Tadapani (2710m)6 – 7 hrs
- Well, as we are here at Ghorepani, why shall we miss the incredible sunrise view from Poon Hill viewpoint which if very much popular for the enthralling sight of sunrise over the top of mountain ranges. We will wake up early in the morning and go to Poon Hill for that noteworthy vista with a little hike.
- Then we will follow our track towards Tadapani enjoying the wonderful bushes and mountain panorama in the backdrop.
- Stay Overnight at Tadapani.
Day 16: Tadapani to Nayapul via Ghandruk 5 – 6 hrs trek, and take 1 and half hrs drive to pokhara 820m
- Have you heard of Ghandruk? If not, then you are probably missing one of the 13th most beautiful villages in the world enriched with local Gurung and Magar tribes. Yes, we are passing by Ghandruk today on our journey from Tadapani to Nayapul from where we will drive to the lake city, Pokhara.
- Stay Overnight at Pokhara.
Day 17: Pokhara to Kathmandu: 6-7hrs drive
- And finally, with all the wonderful and remarkable memories and some new stories to share, we are concluding our journey with a scenic drive back to Kathmandu.
- Stay overnight at Kathmandu.
- All kind of required land transportation as required for trip
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara with (B ,b)
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with tour guide with private Car
- TIMS (Trekking permit) and Annapurna conservation park permit
- Foods and accommodation during trekking
- Well equipped trekking guide, an assistant Sherpa and porters (every 2 trekkers ) get 1 porter
- All allowances for guide and posters
- If in case….Emergency evacuation service
- Foods in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Your personal trekking gears and expenses
- Entry permits are during sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Emergency rescue cost if in case…
Tip to Nepalese supporting team guide and porters.
Drinks like mineral water , Chocolate bar etc..
- Your Personal trekking gear , boots down jackets sleeping bags trekking pole gloves sunglasses
- Medical fist aid box
- Beautiful valley surrounded the Marsyandi and kali gandaki river banks .
- Lower Mustang and Manang Hindu pilgrims Muktinath temple
- view of upper from kagbeni Mustang restricted aria