Annapurna Base Camp Trek, as the name suggests, takes you to the base camp of the tenth highest mountain in the world, Mt. Annapurna. Whereas, you will also be passing by the base camp of Machhapuchhre – the fishtail mountain, which also lies on the route. So, it’s very popular amongst trekkers who are searching for adventure and excitement yet being cautious about the safety issue and not so physically demanding activities. It is the trendiest treks in the Annapurna region of Nepal being a perfect blend of natural climaxes and cultural insights with the escapade happenings in innocuous mode.
After you get well-prepared for the trek with guided instructions and arrangement of essential documents, we head towards Pokhara for the initiation of Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Pokhara is the most popular tourist hub of Nepal and is often reckoned as the city of lakes. Most of the treks in the Annapurna region is initiated from this beautiful city. For our trek, we will drive up to Nayapul and then start of a moderate hike of about 5-6 hours each day until we reach our ultimate destination. Ascending every day passing through several suspension bridges, the lush bushes and culturally enriched villages including Ghorepani, Tadapani, Chhomrong, Bamboo and Deurali or other settlements in a different route, we make our way to Machhapuchhre Base Camp and finally our destination i.e. Annapurna Base Camp.
During the trek, you will be served with the best hospitality and warm welcoming of the locals. It is obvious that the flora and fauna are admired by everyone, and that in the Annapurna Conservation Area which we pass through is a matter of the fact to be thought-provoking. Along the trail, the freely blowing prayer flags, Buddhist monuments, and alluring vistas of mountain panorama will re-energize you to keep on moving along.
The Annapurna Base Camp trek is available in both short and long versions according to the specifications of the trekkers and is favorable of everyone who possesses a good physical and mental health. And for the best experience, the months of autumn and spring are the best to embark on due to the favorable weather conditions and vivid sceneries. If you are interested in this remarkable journey, please do not hesitate to contact us and book the trek with us.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
- You will be transferred to your respective hotel by our representative after you arrive at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and complete the required procedures at the immigration.
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Preparation day
- After your breakfast, a private car and a tour guide will pick you up from the hotel you are staying at.
- You will be exploring the beautiful and though-provoking ancient UNESCO World Heritage Sites sited in Kathmandu like Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Swoyambhunath, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Kathamandu Durbar Square etc.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara 6/7 hour drive and transfer to hotel
- After your breakfast, you will be heading towards the beautiful city of Lakes, Pokhara on a scenic drive.
- Along the way, you can enjoy astounding sceneries of the luxuriant valleys, green hills, terraced fields, and winding rivers from your window.
- And once you reach Pokhara, the gateway to each and every trekking in the Annapurna Region of Nepal, you will be surprised with the existence of so many blissful places to discover within such a small town.
- You will be transferred to the respective hotel where you will be staying overnight.
Day 04: Pokhara to Tikhedhunga (1800 m/ after 1 and half hour drive Nayapul – 3hours
- Today is the day to start your real Annapurna Base Camp Trekking journey.
- After your breakfast, you will be driven towards Nayapul which takes about 1 and half hour along the Pokhara-Baglung Highway.
- Upon reaching to Nayapul and after a short break there, the trekking begins. Our trekking guide will lead you along the trail.
- Walking through the bank of Modi Khola, lush and dense Rhododendron forests, small settlements, and terraced fields while encountering a few crashing waterfalls, we reach to our final destination for today i.e. Tikhedhunga. Stay overnight in a lodge at Tikhedhunga.
Day 05. Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2800m) 6/7-hour trek up
- The real bona-fide trekking experience could be experienced on this day as it is going to be a long and demanding hike this day.
- Suspension bridge, small settlements inhabited by Magar community, rivers, lush bushes especially rhododendron forest, cascading waterfalls, flora and fauna and many more to discover on this particular day during your trek from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani.
Day 06: Ghorepani to Tadapani (2700m) with a visit to Poon Hill: 6 – 7 hours
- This is going to be one of the most remarkable days in your Annapurna Base Camp Trekking as you will be hiking up to Poon Hill viewpoint for the thought-provoking sunrise view over the top of mountain ranges early in the morning. The ranges includes Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I-IV, Annapurna South, Mt. Machhapuchhre, and other surrounding peaks.
- After enjoying the sunrise view and the eye-dazzling mountain sceneries from Poon Hill, we then trek down towards Tadapani where we stay overnight at.
Day 07: Tadapani to Chhomrong (2,170m): 6 hours
- It is going to be another colorful and enthralling day of our journey. We will be trekking thru lush bushes especially Rhododendron forests, rivers, crashing waterfalls, typical and traditional settlements and of course, the panoramas of gigantic mountain ranges.
- We will be staying overnight at Chhomrong this day.
Day 08: Chhomrong to Bamboo (2,310m) 4 – 5 hours
- Considering the Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) and so on, the trekking itinerary for ABC Trek has been prepared with proper planning and precautions. Hence, on this day, the trekkers are heading ahead in a leisurely pace with proper rest and acclimatization.
- Will pass thru rivers, small settlements, forests and terraced fields to reach Bamboo.
- Stay Overnight at Bamboo
Day 09: Bamboo to Deurali (2873m – 4/5 hours
- Today, it is the day before you reach the Annapurna Base Camp. Hence, a leisurely paced walk and restful day will be helpful for the acclimatization.
- Stay Overnight at Deurali
Day 10: Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) via Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3,700m) 5- 6 hours
- Well-Well! The most awaited day has finally arrived to make your dream come true. You will be making it up to the Annapurna Base Camp this day via Machhapuchhre Base Camp.
- Stay Overnight at Annapurna Base Camp
Day 12: Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo: 7 – 8 hours
- Wake up early in morning and witness the mind-boggling sunrise view over the top of Annapurna Massif and neighboring peaks from Annapurna Base Camp today. That’s how this day is going to get started.
- And with the remarkable moments and pictures from Annapurna Base Camp, we will trek down towards the beautiful settlements of Bamboo village where we stay overnight at.
Day 13: Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1,760m) 5 – 6 hours
- With a relaxing and restful overnight stay at Bamboo after making it up to Annapurna Base Camp, now we will be heading towards Jhinu Danda which is well-known destination among trekkers embarking on Annapurna trekking for the natural hot water spring which is supposed to cure several skin diseases and aches.
- Stay Overnight at Jhinu Danda.
Day 14: Trek to Naya Pul then drive to Pokhara: 6 hours trek, 1-hour drive
- This is the last day of our Annapurna trekking as we are going to conclude the trekking journey after hiking towards Nayapul from where we had commenced the trekking. After reaching Nayapul, we will take a drive up to Pokhara and then relax at the hotel in Pokhara.
- Stay Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 15: Pokhara to Kathmandu: 6-7 hours drive transfer your hotel
- Early in morning after breakfast, we will take a flight to Kathmandu from Pokhara Domestic Airport and get back to hotel in Kathmandu. After some rest and refreshment, we can go for souvenir shopping and walk around nearby places to see.
- Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 16: Departure your destination
- Having all the baggage, souvenir and memories of one of the best trekking in the world, it’s time to leave towards your corresponding destination. Hope you love the Annapurna Base Camp trek and will be visiting Nepal again in near future for some other treks.
- All required land transportation during the trip
- Hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with a tour guide and private vehicle
- TIMS (Trekking permit) and Annapurna Conservation Area Permit
- Food and accommodations in trekking
- Well equipped trekking guide and assistant Sherpa porters (every 2 participants) get 1 porter
- All allowances for guide and porters /their insurance for emergency
- Emergency evacuation service if needed.
- International Flight Tickets
- Foods in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Your personal trekking gears and expenses
- Entry permits during the sightseeing tour
- Emergency rescue cost if needed.
- Tip to Nepalesesupporting team
- Day backpack
- Hiking boots
- Warm hat
- Sun cream
- Trekking poles
- Down jackets and sleeping bags.
- One of the most exploring mountain viewpoints: Poonhill.
- Tremendous Mountain Views
- Cultural villages
- Terraced Farmland and Touching Flora and Fauna
- Mountain valley
- Annapurna base camp
- Natural hot spring
- Madi Khola
- Bamboo forest